FabFilter has released Volcano 2, the successor of the popular Volcano filter effect plug-in.
More filters and routings and practically unlimited modulation possibilities make FabFilter Volcano 2 much more powerful. Yet at the same time, the revolutionary new ‘what-you-use-is-what-you-see’ interface makes it also far easier to use.
Volcano 2 features
- Four state-of-the-art multi-mode filters, with panning, delay and more than 10 unique characteristics.
- Ultra-flexible filter routing, including per-channel and mid/side modes.
- Revolutionary new interface, using our innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept.
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need.
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 24-slot modulation matrix.
- Large interactive filter display.
- Modulation source signal visualization.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- Side chain input.
- Highly improved MIDI Learn.
- Almost 300 presets.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
FabFilter Volcano 2 is available in RTAS, VST, VST 3 and AU formats for Mac OS X and Windows and costs 119 EUR / $179 USD. An upgrade from Volcano v1.x is available for 39 EUR / $59 USD.
Visit FabFilter for more information and a link to download a demo version of Volcano 2.