FabFilter updates all plug-ins incl. AAX support
FabFilter has released updates for all FabFilter plug-ins, introducing support for the new AAX plug-in format in Pro Tools 10.
The FabFilter Pro-L limiter now offers a new ‘Compact’ view, and the FabFilter Pro-Q EQ plug-in features spectrum analyzer and solo mode improvements. Furthermore, all FabFilter Pro plug-ins now support the most common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces. The updates are now available on all platforms: Windows and Mac OS X, 32-bit and 64-bit.
New features and bug fixes in FabFilter Pro-Q
- Improved the real-time spectrum analyzer: it is now more responsive and has a smoother curve release, making it easier to visually follow the curves over time. In addition, the combined Pre+Post setting now compensates the plug-in latency correctly in Linear Phase mode.
- Improved Solo mode to transparently limit its output volume to -6 dB, avoiding undesired volume spikes at all times.
- Fixed bug that caused an artificial roll-off to 0 Hz in the real-time spectrum analyzer.
- Fixed bug when dragging multiple bands in the EQ display that could cause small round-off errors in the frequency parameter values relative to each other.
- Fixed bug that caused Solo mode to function incorrectly on per-channel bands as soon as you changed the frequency of the band while in Solo mode.
New features in FabFilter Pro-L
- Added new Compact interface layout, which hides the animated level display. Instead, larger level meters and all advanced controls including a large Output knob are shown. To switch between interface layouts, click the resize button in the bottom-right corner of the interface.
Other new features and bug fixes
- All FabFilter plug-ins: Added support for the new AAX plug-in format for Pro Tools 10. The AAX plug-in is 100% compatible with the RTAS plug-in: Pro Tools 10 will automatically use our new AAX plug-ins instead of the existing RTAS plug-ins when loading existing sessions.
- All FabFilter plug-ins: Improved keyboard handling on Windows, fixing the “space key stealing” problem in Studio One and FL Studio.
- All FabFilter plug-ins: Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools when Cmd+Ctrl / Ctrl+Win – clicking a control to show the automation timeline.
- FabFilter Pro-Q, Pro-L, Pro-C and Pro-G: Added support for the most important Pro Tools hardware control surfaces, such as Avid ICON D-Control and D-Command. In FabFilter Pro-Q, we have added a new Flat 7 Bands factory preset that can be used as your personal default preset in combination with a control surface.
- FabFilter Pro-G and Pro-C: It is now possible to double-click the low-pass and high-pass sidechain filtering buttons to enter parameter values directly.
- FabFilter Pro-Q, Timeless 2, Twin 2, Volcano 2 and Simplon: In the AU and VST3 plug-in formats, parameters are now grouped where possible to make automation easier to overview in the host.
- FabFilter Timeless 2: Fixed a bug that caused incorrect side-chain handling in the mono-to-stereo RTAS version of the plug-in.
- FabFilter Timeless 2: Fixed bug that caused the Dry Enabled parameter always to be re-enabled when loading a version 1 preset, such as Dubby 05 bM in the Best Of folder.
The updates are free for existing FabFilter customers. Updates and 30-day trial versions can be downloaded from FabFilter.
More information: FabFilter
Equinox Sounds releases Drastic Dub