FeelYourSound has released version 1.1 of MelodicFlow, a MIDI performance and songwriting plugin for Windows and Mac.
With MelodicFlow it’s possible to create and play basslines, hooks, and melodies quickly. The melodies will never sound off, as all the input is mapped to the right notes instantly.
The concept is simple:
- Connect MelodicFlow to another instrument inside your DAW.
- Send chord notes to MelodicFlow on the lower octaves. This way the plug-in knows which harmonies are important for your song.
- Pick one of the seven harmonization modes and choose a scale.
- Now play on the white keys of the higher octaves. Depending on the operation mode MelodicFlow will automatically convert these keys to harmonic notes that fit to your chords and the chosen scale.
There are also special black keys that are useful for different songwriting tasks. The C#6 for example will play all the notes of the current chord at once. A comprehensive manual is available as well.
Changes in MelodicFlow v1.1
- Seven new harmonization modes for various songwriting tasks.
- Over 300 scales added.
MelodicFlow (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 35 EUR/$39 USD. The update is free for all MelodicFlow customers. A free demo version is available for download.