Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Focusrite announces Saffire PRO24
Focusrite has announced the Saffire PRO24, a 16 In / 8 Out Firewire audio interface designed for the modern home studio environment.
An unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. Legendary sonic performance and a host of i/o options combine with the very latest in mix control software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Saffire PRO24 key features
- Two high quality award-winning Focusrite mic-pres – Focusrite interfaces are always the best sounding interfaces in their class.
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface – Features professional conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Total I/O count of 16 inputs and 8 outputs – A host of i/o options are provided, including a unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire Mix Control.
- Saffire Mix Control latency-free DS P Mixer/Router – This 18 x 8 DSP mixer provides truly-flexible routing and monitoring capabilities alongside intuitive one-click set-up solutions.
- Class-leading LED metering – 5-LED metering offers accurate viewing of analogue input levels direct from the front fascia.
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix – Upgrade your standard sequencer effects with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Unmatched routing flexibility – Setup for any recording session quickly and intuitively. Route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the outputs.
Availability and pricing are TBA.
Visit Focusrite for more information.