FrozenPlain launches Phoenix instrument library for Kontakt
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Phoenix, a strings and choir instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt which offers more than just samples.
Phoenix handles almost like a synth; it has envelopes, velocity controls, 2 customisable LFOs and 6 effects.
The sounds themselves originate from synthesisers and from granulised real samples – these have a characteristic smooth and organic sound. The 6 layers can be mixed, tuned, panned and even modulated with custom waveforms from LFOs.
Phoenix is good for big sustains – pads, string ensembles, ambient, spacy pads and it will work well for any genre.
- Samples originate from synthesisers. They have a smooth rich tone.
- 6 layers or ‘oscillators’ which can be mixed, tuned and panned.
- ADSR and velocity controls for volume and low pass filter.
- 2 custom LFOs; draw your own waveforms and see the modulation happen.
- Phoenix can create everything from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi beeps and pads.
- 6 effects; chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, reverb with 21 impulses and tempo synced delay.
- 17 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $34 USD. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.