Ftec-Audio has released version 1.1 of HV-Formant, a Heptaverton Surround synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Heptaverton means seven points, connections (vertices). The format is based on 6 speakers equally distributed over a 360 degree circle around the listener (the seventh point). The principal is that the product in the centre, at the seventh point, the listener, is more than the sum of the six surrounding points (the sound production of the individual speakers).
Changes in HV-Formant v1.1
- Greatly improved stability by means of Synthmaker v1.1.3.
- A complete new analysis module enables you to investigate both sound and control signals.
- It is now possible to develop your own skin for the synth.
- The VCF2 module now comprises a two stage filter with extra resonance and separation parameters that enables you to create filters with special characteristics.
- The VCA module now has an FX (effect) section with Overdrive, Distort and Saturation effects.
- Overdrive, Distort and exponent Functions added to the MIX modules.
- The key memory function is changed. It now latches keys or chords. This enables you to time/trigger the polyphonic sequencer.
- It is now possible to mute and unmute individual or all sequencer strips.
- Lots of new presets that use the new functions.
HV-Formant is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at 69 EUR.
More information: Ftec-Audio