FXpansion has announced the release of its Maul multi-band distortion and tone-shaping plugin with advanced modulation.
Maul features 3 separate drive stages, each of which can act on a different frequency range with any of 32 distortion types. The available algorithms include DCAM-modelled germanium diode, tube and transistor-based circuits, clippers, overdrives, waveshapers of various kinds and bit-crushing devices for digital distortion flavours. Each drive stage also features control over transient-shaping, saturation circuitry and additional post-process tone filtering.
The built-in TransMod modulation system allows you to animate Maul’s parameters with the internal LFOs, envelope follower and sample & hold devices as well as with external MIDI note input. This turns Maul into an extremely flexible device capable of dynamic filter patterns, rhythmic gating effects with extra bite, loudness and harmonic excitation effects and wild, dynamic distortion that can transform your audio.
- 3-band creative distortion and tone-shaping device.
- DCAM-modelled circuits, clippers, waveshapers, overdrive, bitcrushing and more.
- Additional per-band transient-shaping control.
- Saturation circuitry modelling.
- 2x oversampling with 4x Hi Def mode for extremely high quality.
- Advanced TransMod modulation and MIDI note control.
- Built-in MIDI Learn for plugin controls.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support.
- VST, AU and RTAS plugin formats on Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.6.2 or later.
Maul is available as a download-only product priced at $99 USD / 79 EUR / £69 inc VAT where applicable.
An introductory price of $70 USD, 55 EUR, £48 GBP inc VAT is available for all registered owners of Geist, DCAM: Synth Squad, Tremor, Etch, DCAM Dynamics, BFD2 and BFD Eco (and customers purchasing Maul at the same time as any of these products) until 31 October 2012.