Garritan has released Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano, a sample-based software instrument developed in collaboration with Steinway & Sons, maker of the world’s finest pianos.
The Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand piano accurately captures the distinctive sound of the hallmark Steinway & Sons concert grand piano – with unprecedented authenticity and musicality.
The library comes in three versions:
- Professional, offers the superb Steinway Model D piano with five different listening perspectives:
- Player perspective from the bench
- A classical recording perspective
- An under-the-lid perspective
- A stage perspective
- A close audience perspective
- Standard, offers the under lid and classic perspectives.
- Basic, ideal for students, amateur musicians, and educators, is a light version that offers a single perspective (also available in downloadable format).
Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano features
- Created in partnership with Steinway & Sons.
- The very finest concert grand piano—the Steinway Model D Concert Grand hand-picked by Steinway & Sons.
- Overseen by Steinway & Sons’ most accomplished master technician.
- Sustain/Sostenuto/Soft pedal support.
- Proportional sustain pedaling.
- Multiple-stage tracking release triggers to provide the natural release of the hammer from the string.
- Sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules.
- Adjustable mechanical noises.
- Adjustable velocity curves.
- Recorded soft pedal samples including releases.
- Adjustable polyphony.
- A variety of historical tunings and Scala file import.
- Aria Sample Player by Plogue included.
- MIDI playback and record in standalone.
- Ambience reverb and 3 band EQ.
- Graceful Copy Protection (no dongles or challenge response).
- Many more compelling features.
Check this page for a complete comparison of the different versions.
The Professional version is $399 USD, $199 USD for the Standard, and $99 USD for the Basic version.
Visit Garritan for more information and audio demos.