Glitchmachines updates Polygon sampler plugin to v1.1
Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Polygon, a sampler plugin designed to facilitate the creation of stunning composite sound effects.
Co-developed by Ivo Ivanov and Thomas Hennebert, Polygon was conceived from the ground up with unconventional attributes and a fast, forward-thinking workflow.
Layering samples is only the beginning. Polygon’s unique granular mode will bend your samples into fresh material while its clean and logical interface, extensive modulation options and distinctive sonic fingerprint make it an invaluable tool for creative sound design.
Changes in Polygon v1.1
- New features:
- new glide controls for each sampler as well as the sub oscillator + master glide offset.
- new solo function for each sampler and the sub oscillator.
- the effects processors can now be chained.
- tooltips showing the current values of knobs/sliders upon mouse hover.
- new waveform display with adaptive zooming to the current sample focus.
- you can now drag & drop samples from the Finder/Explorer to the sample slots.
- save a preset with copies of the samples used in a special folder for preset portability.
- new option in the menu for opening the Finder/Explorer at the presets folder location.
- UI refinements with improved contrast and new knob design.
- knobs now have a distinct indicator if their parameters are targeted by a modulator.
- new preset menu using columns for easier navigation.
- new factory presets by Subjex.
- Performance enhancements:
- numerous refinements to reduce CPU load.
- HQ mode: when de-activated can further reduce CPU load.
- fixed : some parameters would not update properly at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz.
- fixed : on preset change the sample folders paths (for file navigation using the arrows) would not update properly.
- fixed : loop mode broken if focus set to 100%.
- fixed : buttons and menus would capture the “Enter” key.
- fixed : the stutter effect could get stuck looping a short click.
- fixed : sample reverse misbehavior.
Polygon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.