GSi (formerly SoundFonts.it) has released version 1.2.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows and Mac.
Changes in VB3 v1.2.2
- VB3 is now available for MAC OSX in VST and AU format.
- New Spring Reverb algorithm derived from GSi Type4.
- The code has been enormously optimized and the CPU load is amost halved.
- Fixed bugs with some hosts (Sonar, Tracktion3, Receptor) that caused a crash when loading VB3.
- Added option “Output Level” with 5 different levels. Use this to prevent VB3 from generating audio
clips at high dynamics.
- Rotary speaker simualtor: improved control over rotors speeds; improved algorithm “Jazz 122”.
- Keyclick: improved and optimized.
- Percussion: added the missing high-pass filter that gives it more punch and enforces the attack.
- Organ sound: the leakage factor, the whole balance between lows and highs and the background noise have been noticeably improved.
- Functionality: no more need to recompute the internal wavetables when the plugin is set in standby by the host; improved the stereo widening algorithm.
- Many other things have changed internally that can’t be explained in few words, but your fine ears will be able to notice the difference with previous versions.
Notes for the Mac version:
VB3 is known to function properly in Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase 4, EnergyXT2, RAX, GarageBand and in many other VST and/or AU hosts. There is a known and unresolved (yet) incompatibility with MOTU Digital Performer. There’s no guarantee for it to function in ProTools (via its VST-to-RTAS wrapper).
VB3 is available for 49 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit GSi for more information and audio demos.