Hal Leonard publishes The Future of the Music Business
Hal Leonard Books has published The Future of the Music Business, a book by Steve Gordon.
This Third Edition is a practical guide for artists and entrepreneurs on how to succeed in the music business with the new digital technologies.
New technologies are revolutionizing the music business. While these changes may be smashing traditional business models and creating havoc among the major record companies, they are also providing new opportunities for unsigned artists, independent labels, and music business entrepreneurs.
The Future of the Music Business provides a legal and business road map for success in today’s music business by setting forth a comprehensive summary of the rules pertaining to the traditional music business, including music licensing, as well as the laws governing online distribution of music and video.
The book provides practical tips for:
- Selling music online.
- Using blogs and social networks.
- Developing an online record company.
- Creating an Internet radio station.
- Opening an online music store.
- Raising money for recording projects online.
- Creating a hit song in the Digital Age.
- Taking advantage of wireless technologies, and much more.
This revised third edition is the most up-to-date and thorough examination of current trends, and offers special sections on:
- What to do if someone steals your song.
- Protecting the name of your band or label.
- How to find and get a music lawyer to shop your music.
- How to land a deal with an indie, or a major label.
The accompanying DVD includes a comprehensive lecture, “How to Succeed in Today’s Music Business,” delivered by the author at the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
The Future of the Music Business is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.