Harpex updates Harpex-B to v1.2
Harpex has updated Harpex-B, a high-resolution surround processor for Windows and Mac.
Harpex is a new B-format processing algorithm that takes into account both the non-linear, parametric nature of spatial hearing and our uncanny ability to resolve simultaneous sounds. This provides a significant step upwards in quality, producing sharper, clearer and more stable renderings of B-format material than before.
The algorithm is implemented as a C library for inclusion in third-party products, a stand-alone player application and as a plugin for digital audio workstations. The following demonstration video shows some of the features of that plugin.
Changes in Harpex-B v1.2
- Improved CPU usage, allowing higher sampling frequency, more simultaneous instances of Harpex-B and more simultaneous instances of other plugins.
- 64 bit versions, allowing smoother integration with 64 bit hosts on Windows and OS X.
- Higher-order ambisonic output, opening for new workflows involving 2nd and 3rd order ambisonic stems (plugin only).
- Numerical readout of shotgun angles and directivities, allowing for easier configuration of 3D loudspeaker layouts.
- Per-channel delay, allowing for improved surround decoding with more stable frontal localization and distance compensation in irregular arrays.
- Option for turning the shelf filters off, useful in conjunction with per-channel delay, irregular loudspeaker arrays and also when decoding for large venues.
- Improved soundfield rotation user interface. Allows for precise rotation around one axis at a time.
- 3D loudspeaker decoding now also available in the player.
- The player now supports multichannel output through the RME fireface line of soundcards in ASIO mode and also allows the use of channels other than 1-8 in soundcards with more than 8 channels.
The Harpex-B plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for £498 GBP. The update is free for registered users. A free Player application is also available.
More information: Harpex