Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus
Harrison Consoles has announced the release of Mixbus, a virtual “analog console” integrated into a full-featured Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
Mixbus “True Analog Mixing”™ provides critical mixing functions in a knob-per-function interface. “True Analog Mixing”™ is based on Harrison’s renowned 32-Series and MR-Series console designs, plus Harrison’s proprietary digital mixing technology. Mixbus™ enables you to record, edit, and mix a musical performance in-the-box while getting a sound that harkens back to the golden age of album recordings.
Traditional DAW mixers were designed by companies with no pedigree in music mixing, and they suffer from well-known flaws. Harrison eliminated these flaws in Mixbus by completely replacing the DAW’s internal mixing engine and applying proprietary True Analog processing. Harrison consoles are known for their great-sounding EQ, filters, dynamics, and bus summing on every track. Now Mixbus offers every engineer a real Harrison music console “in the box”. With Mixbus’s logical knob-per-function interface, the user works with the fluidity of a traditional analog recording studio while retaining the convenience of a DAW. Mixbus enables the user to record, edit, and mix a musical performance “in the box” but get a sound that harkens back to the golden age of album recordings.
- Straightforward “knob per function” mixer layout based on Harrison’s renowned 32-series and MR-series music consoles.
- Precision DSP algorithms for EQ, Filter, Compression, Analog Tape Saturation, and Summing based on Harrison’s world-renowned large format analog and digital mixing consoles.
- Unlimited stereo or mono input channels (based on available CPU power) featuring High-pass Filter, EQ, Compression, and 4 Mix Bus sends on every channel.
- 4 Stereo Mix Buses (can be used for groups or auxes) featuring Tone controls, Compression, Sidechaining, and Analog Tape Saturation.
- Stereo Master Bus that features Tone controls, Analog Tape Saturation, K-meter, and Limiting to help you make polished mixes.
- Plugin delay compensation to support effects such as parallel compression.
- Comprehensive “at-a-glance” metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus.
- Extensive DAW features via the Ardour Digital Audio Workstation.
- Supports AudioUnit plugins and any CoreAudio interface.
Mixbus is available for Mac OSX for the introductory price of $79.99 USD.
Softube releases Tube-Tech CL 1B Native