H.G. Fortune releases Atonoise
H.G. Fortune has released Atonoise, an atonal spooky noise VSTi synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
Atonoise is a VSTi synthesizer and in Pro version VST effect for fairly spooky, SciFi and others alike sounds. It’s got no filter by design and you won’t hardly ever hear the basic waveforms. It’s working atonal i.e. with no real defined pitch therefore it is not what you might expect – instead this one is esp. for various kinds of noisy fx sounds.
- Two oscillators each with a level adjust and both followed by one amp ADSR EG. The different waveforms simply provide different flavours to the modifiers.
- Four modifiers: Inferno and Spook 1 to Spook 3.
- Inferno adds via Inferno Mix some upper harmonics generated from the input very similar to the timbre feature of the Swamp VSTi.
- Spook 1 and Spook 2 modifiers can be used as single, in parallel 1|2 or in series 1-2. The spook amount is determined by the two spook knobs while the XY-Pad ads more or less density i.e. a fairly metallic sound in lower left corner or less density at upper right corner. This can be modulated by selectable and even invertible LFOs. Moving the ‘Ghost’ image like a joystick ball manually is another option to modulate density.
- Spook 3 adds even some kind of reverbish flavour when slider is moved to the right.
- VST effect (Pro version only) can run an external audio signal through the modifiers instead of or in addition to the internal soundsources. There is an External Input Level adjust knob to control the amount of input signal while the Dry/Wet knob serves to balance between the Dry incoming and the Wet processed signal.
Atonoise Pro for Windows PC is available for 9 EUR. A free version without the effect plug-in is available from the product page.
More information: H.G. Fortune