H.G.Fortune releases X-Wheel of Fortune 4
H.G. Fortune has released X-Wheel of Fortune 4, a multipart integrated algorithmic VSTi music system for creating tracks based on 8 instruments-parts.
Each patch/preset may be a complete musical track, a track for backing a live performance etc. All this can be arranged and composed in two different ways using the algorithmic Wheel mode for free floating or the Scale step mode for harmonically prestructured tracks.
New in v4.0 (free) / v4.1 (pro)
- 180 PCM waves (taken from STS-26, ProtoPlasm21 and ‘shuniji’) for the Pad synthesizers.
- More than 250 inbuilt scales (Pentatonic, Hexatonic and Heptatonic).
- GUI completely reworked for better overview and usability – now: switching between to pages only!.
- new and more efficient soundengines for Pad 1, Pad 2, Bass & HiSq Synthesizers.
- 5 global LFO plus Sample and Hold, 2 separate LFOs for percussion parts.
- VaSq now with secondary sound sources selectable.
X-Wheel of Fortune 4 Pro is available for Windows PC and costs 59 EUR.
A free version is available with some limited features:
- Editable presets/patches: Pro = 64 / Free = 32.
- PCM waves:Pro = 2 x 90 (as external SF2) plus option to load SF2 / Free = 1 x 90 (internal not changeable).
- Editable Sections: Pro = 4 (A/B/C/D) / Free = 2 (A&B) note: in free version sections C & D will play but you can’t edit!
- Free version with no dedicated MIDI CC assigned except #7 for overall volume.
Visit H.G. Fortune for more information and a link to download the free version of X-Wheel of Fortune 4.
Short links for January 30th, 2008