HISS and a ROAR has announced the release of SD004 Fireworks, a 24bit 192kHz multi-mic & multi-channel sample library featuring fireworks sounds.
Four recordists, ten microphones, a windless night, a full moon, a deserted park and $600 worth of fireworks hand selected by a pyrotechnician adds up to some serious fun!
But I wanted to not only record fireworks, I also wanted to manipulate them in real time as we recorded them, so I took along a number of props including a 2m long drain pipe, a wok, a water bowl, short metal pipes, an air conditioning vent & a metal box; all great sources of resonance!
SD004 Fireworks features
- Collection of over 180 fireworks includes large Multi-Shot Fireworks (Solar Flare, Red Mantis, Purple Perry, Holiday Fun, Night Rocket, E.T, Meteor, The Brick, Black Panther, Sandstorm, Mega Eruption, Bling Bling, Swarm, Rapid Fire, Thunder) Rockets (Mighty Cannon, White Spider, Shooting Balls, 10 Shot, small, medium & large Roman Candles, Patriot Missile) Screechy Rockets (Predator, Firestorm, Mean Green, Sonic Boom, Rising Sun, Hummer, Red Dragon) and a huge range of Ground Bloom Flowers.
- 24bit 192kHz multi-mic & multi-channel:
- close up: Tim Prebble SoundDevices 722, LR Sanken CUB mics x 2
- close up: Dave Whitehead SoundDevices 722, Cx2 MKH8050 & DPA4006
- medium: Matt Lambourn SoundDevices 722, LR MKH816 & MKH70
- medium/wide: Ray Beentjes SoundDevices 744, Quad MKH50/30+816×2
- All libraries are provided as a collection of .WAV files, carefully labelled & tagged with Metadata compatible with the ProTools workspace, SoundMiner, Basehead, Snapper and AudioFinder sound library software.
SD004 Fireworks is available to purchase in various formats with prices ranging from $9 to $99 USD. A free 16 bit/44.1kHz pack featuring 14 fireworks is available to donwload from the HISS and a ROAR website.