Hollow Sun has announced Pulstar, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Layer sounds together from 64 extensively multi-sampled waveforms taken from the best digital and analogue synthesisers, modulars as well as tape playback keyboards, valve test oscillators, a certain valve synth from 1939 and more. Use the large dials to affect tone and ‘size’. TONE offers a variation on Z-Plane filtering, sweeping through various filter responses in one rotation. These can be assigned to MIDI continuous controllers for real time control. ‘SIZE’ offers quick and easy superficial tweaking of envelope times.
The blend control allows you to morph between the two layers and the ‘Serendipity’ button will create new patches at random to inspire you into different directions you might not have considered. Oh… and there are 50 presets to get you started.
It’s a pad monster and a powerful synth in its own right. With two levels of interface… one giving simple and quick access to parameters with its large dials, there’s a deeper level if you want to roll your sleeves up and get your programming hands dirty…
- 1GB of multi-sampled waveforms.
- Unique ‘TONE’ control for Z-Plane filtering.
- Serendipity function for random patch creation.
- Blend control for morphing between layers.
- Full editing panel for in-depth programming.
- MultiFX with chorus/phase/flanger and delay.
- Convolution reverb with a wide range of impulses.
The sound library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £20 GBP through December, 2012.