Homegrown Sounds has released version 1.01 of Ammonite, a virtual dual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
I’m pleased to announce v1.01 of Ammonite which fixes a few bugs, most importantly the instability caused when using multiple versions, as well as some great new features such as Synced, Amplitude Modulation and Ring Modulation Oscillator Mix modes. There are also another couple of presets banks. The file structure has changed in this release, particularly the images folder, and so it is recommended that you remove the old version before extracting the new release.
Changes in Ammonite v1.01
- New bank of presets made by AbstractCats.
- New bank of presets made by Astral Pedestrian, which also showcase some of the new oscillator modes.
- Bug fix – A crash could occur when using multiple versions of Ammonite (more than 3).
- Bug Fix – The filter Envelopes stayed open if they had a long release time, due to being routed through the Modulation Matrix. They now only operate as long as the Volume Envelopes are active saving CPU.
- 3 new modes have been added to the Analog setting on the FX page; Driven 1, Driven 2, and Driven 3. They exploit the pre-filter distortion used in the Analogue mode allow for more extreme distortion as an alternative to the Drive. It is much less extreme and tends to turn the Waveforms more towards square waves.
- 16 New Oscillator Mix Modes added:
- Noise Only Mode added, so that the oscillators can be disabled and noise used as the sound source, if noise is switched on.
- 6 x Amplitude Modulation Modes – Wave B is used as a Unipolar modulator to modulate the volume of Wave A.
- 3 Hard Sync Modes – Both Wave A and Wave B are locked in sync with each other, the second mode has Wave B an Octave lower and the third has Wave B an octave higher.
- 6 x Ring Modulator Modes – The same as the AM modes, except that Wave B is used as a Bipolar modulator.
- Bug Fix – If Waveset 2 was used for Wave A and Waveset 2 was used for Wave B, it could result in no sound or not loading Waveset 2 properly.
- Waveset 2 added to Wave A choices, due to the previous fix.
- Bug fix – Volume Envelope 1 could cause a click on the shortest attack time.
- CTRL + Click on all popup lists now randomizes the clicked list
- SHIFT + Click on all Popup menus now set the list to default.
- The fine tune precision of the Slider arrows has been increased for finer increments when pressed.
- Glide has been improved in Polyphonic Mode.
- A new retrigger oscillators setting has been added to each synth, which will restart the wave cycle on each Note On for a synced sound. This is enabled by default on all existing patches, and the button is located next to the Drift slider.
- Various optimizations within the synth engine to improve CPU efficiency.
- Retrigger now decides whether the envelopes when repeating will retrigger, or pickup the volume smoothly.
- Random Voice in the modulation matrix no longer resets to zero on a note off.
- Pitch Bend ON/OFF switches now work correctly.
Ammonite for Windows is still available to purchase for the introductory price of $30 USD (regular $55 USD).