Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Hotelsinus Sound Design releases TonesynthDS v0.23
Hotelsinus Sound Design has released version 0.23 of TonesynthDS, a free software synth for the Nintendo DS.
TonesynthDS is an easy to use matrix tone synth with a simple instrument generator.
- 16×16 pattern editor (16 accord, 16 tone (the scale is selectable), first line is always the C3).
- 16 different pattern stock.
- Different volume setting possibility for each accord (in the second editor mode).
- Adjustable tempo.
- Possibility to play a pattern looped with the default sound samples or with generated sound samples.
- With the button X you can clear a pattern (and set the volumes of that pattern to maximum).
- Sound sample generator. You can listen a test sound with ADSHR, play a continuous test sound without adshr (but you can set the parameters on the fly) or generate the full stock, that will be used by the pattern player. The system is fully usable while you play or generate samples. Although the playing of the pattern will be paused during the generation.
- For the generation there are two oscilloscopes. Both can generate sinus, saw, rectangle and organ. The frequency of the second oscilloscope can be set relative to the frequency of the first oscilloscope with a slider under that except for the ‘am’ mixing type where you can set the absolute frequency between 0 and 20 hertz.
- 3 mixing types: Amplitude modulation, ring modulation (the difference is in the base frequency of the second oscilloscope) and cross modulation. For the last one you can set the cross fade factor with the slider under the first oscilloscope.
- Low pass filter with resonance.
- ADSHR for the generated samples. The length of the samples are limited to 2 seconds.
TonesynthDS v0.23 is available as freeware for Nintendo DS.
More information: Hotelsinus Sound Design