HV Synth Design releases Total Brass
HV Synth Design has launched a new website for Total Brass, a VST instrument dedicated to acoustic modeled brass instruments, based on a self developed modeling method called Eclectic Acoustic Synthesis (EAS).
I am proud to release the first Brass plug-in that features low and high brass instruments, from contrabass trombone to piccolo trumpet, from f-horn to a Dizzy Gillispie like jazz trumpet, without any compromise at the sound quality. Not only that: you have also totally control over the most important brass aspects: Attack (mouth piece), player lips, you can even select a bore type: narrow/width.
Total Brass features
- Breath Pressure, choose between Modulation Wheel and Breath Controller (you can also set a threshold for more or less breath pressure).
- Attack for ‘blowing’ explosive attacks.
- Player Lips, amount (midi learn) and duration (kind of a short thrill, jazz players often use this to get a more aggressive tone).
- Instability (long tones always have some instability).
- Breath noise (midi learn).
- Flutter Tongue – this is done with a rapid up and down movement of the tongue (midi learn).
- Portamento : choose between midi learn and velocity.
- Pistons or slide (selectable).
- Width Bore, Narrow Bore and Harmon mute (selectable).
- Note-to-note transition, pressing a piston, when another one is not released in time.
- Damping: alter the bore structure/timbre (midi learn).
- 4 stage EQ.
- Low Brass (loudness), add extra harmonics and thus the loudness for low bass instruments.
- Tuning control.
- Pitch and amplitude vibrato via aftertouch or midi learn.
- Volume control.
- Overblowing with the Pitch Wheel.
Total Brass is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for 139 EUR (ex. VAT). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
NekroBat releases LaborOsc