HyperSynth has updated the SIDizer SID chip emulation synthesizer instrument to version 1.3.
Using circuit modeling technology nearly all unique features of two versions (6581-8580) of SID chip among their famous flaws are accurately modeled. This emulation focuses on simulating nonlinear character of SID filter and mimicking special 6581 distortion that mainly influence the alternation of filtered signal in a real SID chip.
Changes in SIDizer v1.3
- Added new skin + several GUI enhancements.
- Added 6 new mod sources: “Note number, Aftertouch, MIDI Breath, MIDI Foot, MIDI Expression, Constant”.
- Added 4 new mod destinations: “Main Volume, Matrix 1-3 Depth”.
- Added option to set sound engine quality based on C64 hardware or host sample-rate.
- Added zero value for Pitch Wheel range.
- Added MIDI learn and default CC assignment for most of the parameters.
- Now SIDizer responds to MIDI “program change” and “all notes off” messages.
- Now in mod matrix “LFO1 noise” and “LFO2 noise” are renamed to “Random Unipolar” and “Random Bipolar” and their functions are updated to match the corresponded name.
- Fixed Pitch wheel asymmetric problem when it was used as mod source.
- Fixed issue in modulating filter and oscillators amplitudes.
- Fixed minor readout issues.
- Updated documentation: (Added MIDI Implementation Chart , CC tables and etc).
SIDizer for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $49 USD.