Icebreaker Audio has announced the release of Akebono: Plucked, a sample based re-creation of an electronic suitcase instrument from Japan.
Originally released some time in the mid to late ’80s, Akebono re-creates a number of traditional Japanese instrument sounds using a combination of samples and digital synthesis.
Using a custom script engine, Akebono: Plucked mimics not only the sound of the original, but the performance style as well.
Akebono: Plucked features
- All 9 plucked-string instrument sounds chromatically sampled at 24-bit 48kHz.
- An easy-to-use, custom interface.
- Convolution based emulation of the original speaker at various microphone positions.
- Authentic emulation of the original performance controls.
- Two additional articulations per sound, accessed via key-switches.
- Compatible with Kontakt 4 & 5.
Akebono: Plucked is available to purchase for £5 GBP. Requires a full version of Kontakt.