iConnectivity has unveiled iConnectMIDI4+, its flagship next generation MIDI interface for MAC, PC, and iOS.
iConnectMIDI4+ is a multi-host MIDI interface for Mac, PC, and iOS that bridges MIDI and audio between multiple computing devices, instruments, and the network by introducing four new technologies into its design.
The first of these technologies is multi-hosting. iConnectMIDI4+’s multi-hosting capability allows for up to 3 computing devices to share the same interface as well as access and share MIDI resources over its 4 pairs of MIDI DINs and its 60 additional user configurable ports.
As a part of its multi-hosting capabilities iConnectMIDI4+ also features audio pass-through. This technology enables multiple computing devices (Mac, PC, and iOS) to not only pass MIDI data but also act as an audio interface between them, seamlessly bridging each computing device into each other’s audio and MIDI environments.
iConnectMIDI4+ also accommodates for USB MIDI devices such as controllers, synthesizers, drum machines, etc. that have USB ports by including a USB host port that supports, via powered hub, up to 8 USB MIDI synths, drum machines, controllers, etc.
Furthering its connectivity iConnectMIDI4+ also has an Ethernet port. Users can connect iConnectMIDI4+ to a wireless router, Ethernet hub/router, or any Ethernet enabled device via its dedicated Ethernet port. It is network discoverable, allowing for musicians to control any of the devices connected to iConnectMIDI4+ over a network connection via MIDI.
Controlling its expanded connectivity iConnectMIDI4+ includes iConnectivity’s Port Manager software for Mac, PC, and iOS allowing the user complete control over how MIDI is routed, remapped and filtered to and from all devices connected to it, eliminating the need for additional interfaces, extra cables, signal degradation, analog to digital conversion, and added complexity.
- 4 In & 4 Out pairs of MIDI DIN Connectivity.
- Connect 8 additional MIDI devices via USB Host Port + Powered USB Hub.
- Over 64 user configurable ports of 16 Channels of MIDI per port.
- Audio Pass-Through Between Up to 3 Computing Devices.
- Multi-Host Capability – Connect 3 Computing Devices Directly & More via Network.
- Network Connectivity.
- Integrated MIDI Manager With Snapshot Preset Storage – For MIDI Thru, MIDI Merge, Filtering, and Advanced Routing Control.
- Supports MAC, PC, and iOS Computing Devices.
- USB MIDI Class Compliant.
- Plug and Play – No Drivers Needed.
- Charge iOS Devices.
Note: The features of iConnectMIDI4+ are patent pending.
iConnectMIDI4+ will be available for purchase in late Q1 or Early Q2 2013 with an expected MSRP of $249.99 USD and street price of $199.99 USD.
More information: iConnectivity