iControlMIDIDesign has released iControlMIDI, a controller app for the iPad.
ControlMIDI is a UI friendly and workflow efficient solution that let you control your MIDI machines and software, simply from your iPad.
- User Friendly Synth Parameters – Rather than having a DCO wave-shape displayed as 1, 2, 3 or 4; it is now displayed as Tri, Saw, Sqr or Pulse.
- Correct Mapping of Synth Values – MIDI works from 0 to 127, but the Detune is from -63 to +64.
- Workflow Efficient Solution – GUI Consistent Synth Functions, for example, the VCF functions are grouped on the same iControlMIDI Page making it easy to trim on the same Page filter cutoff frequency, filter envelop modulation, filter resonance, filter envelop ADSR, etc… Each Page offers up to 32 parameters. There are several Pages per synth.
- Same Values Displayed on iControlMIDI and Synth – Whatever value is displayed on iControlMIDI will be transmitted to the synth and is exactly the value you will see on your synth if you were to program it with its control panel, so it makes it easy to precisely adjust a Detune between DCOs, etc…
- Parameter Name and Value Displayed on iControlMIDI – Each parameter “block” has is own:
- Name (ex: O2Wav): as displayed on the synth LCD, UI or User Manual
- Value (ex: Saw): as displayed on the synth LCD, UI or User Manual, dynamically changes when you use one of the 3 controls (slider, + button, – button)
- 3-Controls per Parameter on iControlMIDI – Each parameter “block” has is own:
- + button: precise +1 parameter value adjustment
- – button: precise -1 parameter value adjustment
- Slider: full range parameter value adjustment
- Exhaustive Of All Synth Parameters – All synth parameters controllable via MIDI are implemented in iControlMIDI so you can adjust them all.
- Straightforward 3-Functions Settings Page – On iControlMIDI Settings Page you can:
- Check your WiFi connectivity: iControlMIDI tells you if you have WiFi connectivity or not
- Set your MIDI Channel: select the MIDI channel you wish to use
- Test your MIDI and Studio setup: send a C3 MIDI note, on that MIDI channel
- DAW Integration – Any CoreMIDI [MAC] or rtpMIDI [PC] compatible DAW can benefit from iControlMIDI; a MacOS MIDI Network Session or PC rtpMIDI MIDI Session is seen as another IN and OUT MIDI logical port by your DAW. Real-time parameters adjustments triggered on iControlMIDI can be recorded and playback on your DAW.
- Mackie Control C4 TrueLayouts Compatible – iControlMIDI Page organization and MIDI CC assignment is the same as what we have done on Mackie Control C4, so you won’t have to re-do a “MIDI learn” and learn a new UI on iControlMIDI. We can easily leverage for iControlMIDI the +25 instruments portfolio for have developed on Mackie Control C4… Stay tuned…
- Bug Free Solution – iControlMIDI editors have tested with the real physical instrument or software instrument and are guaranteed bug-free.
iControlMIDI iMinimoogV for iOS 4.2 or later is now available to purchase for $29.99 USD.