Ignite Amps releases TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer free overdrive plugin
Ignite Amps has released TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer, a freeware plug-in version of the custom overdrive stomp-box effect plugin built in collaboration with Benevolent.
It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, built for Benevolent guitarists Hadi Sarieddine and Mohammed Gad by Ignite Amps in 2012.
The TSB-1 core circuit is inspired by the most famous green “808” overdrive pedal, with additional features to increase its versatility and make it suitable for extremely down tuned guitars.
It can easily add dirt and bite to clean and overdriven guitar tones, as well as make the amplifier lead tone sound tighter, more focused and more responsive to picking, avoiding low-end muddiness and high-end fizz.
Every single component on the signal path of the real analog circuit has been taken into account and
modeled in the best possible way to match the original sound, keeping an eye to CPU performances and
real-time playability at the same time.
- Dynamic 2N3904 Bipolar Junction Transistors stages analog modeling.
- Dynamic 1N4148 diode circuit analog modeling.
- Mono / Stereo processing support.
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x).
- Variable Input Level control for better response to different pickups.
- Double precision (64 bit) floating point internal processing.
- Fully automatable controls.
TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no cost.