IK Multimedia has announced the release of iRig BlueBoard, a Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.
iRig BlueBoard is the first wireless MIDI pedalboard for iOS and Mac that uses Bluetooth technology to transmit MIDI messages, allowing a user to control the functions of their favorite music-making apps. Any MIDI compatible app – such as IK’s AmpliTube, VocaLive, SampleTank, iLectric Piano, iGrand Piano — or any other Core-MIDI-compatible app like Apple GarageBand, can be controlled wirelessly.
This opens up a whole new world of live performance possibilities. The user can switch between presets, change patches, and turn effects on and off from up to 10 meters away. The user can even connect pedals (not included) for further control of continuously variable parameters such as volume and wah, without being tied by cables to a mobile device.
iRig BlueBoard is small enough to fit into a laptop bag and works with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad supporting Bluetooth 4.0. It also works with any Mac that supports Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy. The iRig BlueBoard app runs in the background on a mobile device or Mac, translating Bluetooth signals into MIDI signals.
iRig BlueBoard features
- Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (10m/32.8′ range).
- 4 backlit assignable foot switches.
- 2 1/4″ inputs for assignable expression pedals or switches.
- Can send Bank Change, MIDI Program Changes and MIDI Control Changes.
- BlueBoard iOS app runs in background on mobile device or Mac, and translates Bluetooth messages to MIDI.
- Runs on standard AAA batteries.
- Small enough to fit in a laptop bag.
The iRig BlueBoard is now available to purchase for $99.99 USD / 79.99 EUR.