ILIO has released Plectrum, a virtual instrument library featuring 185 original acoustic instruments, powered by Tascam’s GVI streaming sample playback engine.
Geoffrey Gee, pianist, composer, and former Senior Soundware Engineer at Kurzweil Music Systems, created his instruments from sounds made by plucking, strumming, tapping, scraping, and flicking a range of stringed instruments and found objects.
- 185 original instruments
- Round robin playback, with multiple articulations under every key
- Nine easy-access categories
- Ultra friendly interface–select an instrument and play
- Fast instrument loading and selection
- High polyphony streaming audio engine, powered by Tascam GVI
- VST, RTAS, and Standalone
- Thousands of full length high resolution samples, voiced for making music
The package is 7.5GB, with its up to 96kHz, 24-bit content optimized using Tascam’s wave acceleration feature. The PC version is now shipping for $299, while MAC support is coming in September 2007.