Ilya Efimov releases Armenian Duduk for Kontakt
Ilya Efimov has released Armenian Duduk, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This faithful reproduction of the Armenian double-reed woodwind instrument, with multiple legato articulations, gives you the ability to vary the instrument’s dynamics to convey the wide, detailed range of expression so sought-after in many of today’s biggest film scores.
Ilya Efimov recorded all intervals for up and down legato articulations in three variants: normal legato, slow legato and glissando. You may choose any of the available articulations for the first note and 6 articulations for legato notes.
They have provided the ability to vary the dynamics of the instrument to convey a wide, detailed range of expression from pp to ff. Natural vibrato may be added to the sound at any time. Staccato articulations provide added realism by means of a round-robin algorithm. Users can reassign keyswitches and MIDI-controllers, then save the changes to a user preset. Default settings are easily restored at any time.
Armenian Duduk features
- 656 MB ncw compression format.
- 1024 samples (24-bit/44.1kHz, stereo).
- 3 Types of legato: normal/slow/porta.
- 3 Modes of legato performance.
- Natural dynamic controlled by ModWheel.
- Controllable natural vibrato.
- Use any articulation during legato.
- 3 Crescendo: slow/normal/fast.
- Natural expression/release sounds.
- Two Staccato types.
- Detune Vibrato keys.
- Five types of mordents.
- Reassignable keyswitches, CC and much more.
- Extremely user-friendly in both live and studio applications.
The instrument library is available to purchase for 69 EUR. Requires Kontakt 4.2.4+ full retail version.