Ilya Efimov releases Classic Bass for Kontakt
Ilya Efimov has released Classic Bass, a detailed emulation of a classic Fender Precision Bass Guitar ’72.
The playing techniques included in a single patch – fingered, slap, palm-mute and additional articulations – allow the user to edit their MIDI data or play in real-time. By minimizing the use keyswitches, the instrument has been designed to be simple and intuitive to use. A sophisticated algorithm to select strings in real time, automatically selects the natural bass guitar left-hand position on the fretboard. Manual string and position selection are also available.
The library’s repetition keys are designed to make it easy to play realistic ostinato bass-lines. FX glissando will add to the realism of bass guitar parts. Multiple legato types are changed automatically, depending on the first note played.
Included, are several Legato modes, Open String mode, Chord Detection mode and X-note mode.
Classic Bass features
- 2.85 Gb ncw compression format.
- 3 348 samples, 24 bit, 44.1 KHz.
- Up to 12 velocity layers, 20 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm.
- FINGERED, SLAP and PALM-MUTE in one patch.
- Different natural legato for FINGER, SLAP and PALM-MUTE articulations.
- THUMB and POP slap articulation, with Auto and Manual selection.
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection.
- Attack control.
- Slide-up, Flageolets, X-notes (two modes for x-note performance).
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations.
- Realistic glissando note-to-note.
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects.
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases).
The Classic Bass library costs 99 EUR. Requires Kontakt 4.2.4 + full version.