New/changed in FL Studio 7
- FL now supports track-based sequencing. Pattern Clips present sequence data in the method as Audio and Automation Clips
- Edison replaces the Wave Editor – Edison is a fully integrated audio editing and recording tool complete with spectral analysis, convolution reverb + more
- Love Philter – is a bank of 8 ganged filter units for total flexibility and creative filtering mayhem
- Parametric EQ2 – introduces a mastering parametric EQ with spectral analysis
- Event Automation can now be converted to Automation clips
- Updated audio stretching engine for FL Studio & FL plugins (where applicable)
- Multi-core safe generators can now be threaded for performance gain on multi-core CPUs
- Smoother audio ‘record to disk’ performance with high track-counts
- Note OFF velocity support for the Piano roll, MIDI files, MIDI out & Sytrus
- ‘Smart Disable’ mode for generator plugins, previously was effects only
- A ‘News Panel’, to keep users updated with content and patches
- Plugin windows can now be detached from the FL Studio desktop
- DirectWave sampler now loads AIFF samples & includes a VST preset loader in auto sampler function
- Sytrus gains multi-level ‘Undo’ a ‘Cherry’ phaser filter, 256 unit Harmonics editor (up from 128), automatable unison panning, volume and pitch
- FPC acquires wave start/end point selection. SFZ export and loads AIFF, MP3 and REX files
- Mono source recording. Mono ASIO inputs now handled by the mixer IN list
- New user-definable keyboard velocity curve mapping in MIDI setup
- Support for Apple Loops AIFF extensions
FL Studio is my preferred host (I’ve been using the FL Studio 7 betas for a while now) and I am quite pleased with the new features and enhancements. I just love the new Pattern Clips, Edison is an awesome integrated audio editor (and recording tool) and some of the new plug-ins like Love Philter are just excellent.
Check Harmony Central for some more screenshots.
Can you tell I would recommend trying it out? And if you do and you’d like to get a copy of FL Studio, don’t forget to use my promo code and get a 10% discount on your purchase.
So keep on eye out for FL Studio 7, and visit the FL Studio website for more information.