Image-Line has a page up on Morphine, an upcoming additive synthesizer with a logical, flexible architecture that allows you to create any sound.
From the Morpine page:
Morphine’s 128 harmonic oscillator engine is fully optimized for producing a high quality, warm sound, with ground shaking bass and crystal clear high frequencies. Based on complex, full 32 bit mathematics, with no internal sampling to avoid interpolation noises so Morphine retains that ‘analog’ quality.
- High quality sound engine optimized for low CPU usage and fast amplitude and frequency modulation response
- 4 independent ”Generators“ per voice
- Keyboard layering with 128 unique Keyboard Zones
- Unlimited number of harmonic ”snapshots“ (breakpoints) per spectrum
- Amplitude, Detune, Panning control for all harmonics
- Filtering and Velocity response for each Generator source
- Highly CPU optimized, accurate Resynthesis allowing emulation of audio samples with high precision
- Manual override options for the resynthesis process to achieve most accurate emulations
- Ability to import waveshapes from audio file
- Variable-time control for spectra, mix/morph envelopes (can also be linked to key number, velocity or any other controller)
- 4 PWM Filters (spectral emulation of comb filtering, unison or pulse-width)
- Additional generator that allows any Noise Sample audio file to be mixed with the synthesized sound, complete with filtering
- Morphing path, morphs harmonics in real-time, controlled internally or from external modulation source/s
- Morphing Square, mixes the 4 Generator sources with a single convenient interface
- 4 multipoint (EG) envelopes can be routed to many internal Morphine controls
- 1 to 32 note polyphony, user selectable
- ADSR master envelope
- Velocity response is adjustable
- Up to 5 built-in simultaneous effects: Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Equalizer, Distortion
- Attractive, user friendly interface, developed through 1000’s of man-hours testing and development
- 290 high quality factory sounds
Morphine will be available in VSTi 2.4 (Win/OSX), AudioUnit (OSX) and Standalone (Win/OSX) formats and will cost $149 US.
New Image-Line customers use this promo link to get a 10% discount.