Image-Line releases Sakura v1.0.2 (incl. VST/AU)
Image-Line has released version 1.0.2 of Sakura, a physical modeled string instrument for Windows and Mac.
Sakura can reproduce the delicate pluck of a single string, a violins bowing or the sonorous resonance of a grand piano. Most importantly, the curious musician can take control of every aspect of the simulation to create fantastic instruments. Ever wanted to know what a 20 foot guitar sounded like? Or a bowed piano? Now you can find out, Sakura opens up a world of string modelling possibilities, why not download the Sakura demo and try it for yourself. The Sakurazensen is coming, be there to experience it.
- Contact – An impulse, the mechanical contact with the string, is first generated then shaped to simulate plucks, picks, scrapes, hammers, taps or humble fingers.
- Vibration – Sakura’s dual string model then gives the operator control over a wide range of parameters such as damping, tension, positioning and string properties.
- String interaction – The dual strings are then mixed, panned and enveloped to simulate interactions.
- Resonance – The string’s vibration then interacts with an 8-resonator ‘body simulator’ to create the size, material and shape of the instrument
- Acoustics – Virtual acoustic space is then simulated with chorus, delay and reverberation effects.
Sukaru is available for PC and Mac (FL Studio plug-in/VST/AU) for $99 USD.
New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their entire first order of $90 or more with this promo link.