Image-Line has released Vocodex, a vocoder plug-in for Windows.
What is Vocoding? You have heard vocoding many times, even if you don’t know what it is. Vocoders are the classic robot voice from many sci-fi movies. Vocoders analyze the real-time frequency band activity of one sound, the Modulator, to control frequency band activity in another, the Carrier. A vocoder consists of a series of narrow-band frequency gates that allow through only those frequencies from the Carrier that are detected in the Modulator source. So if a human voice is used to vocode a synthesizer chord, it will sound like the synthesizer is talking.
- Speech enhancement contouring of noise or modulator pass-through.
- Modulator noise reduction to reduce ambient noise bleeding through carrier.
- Voice doubling and reverb capabilities.
- Built-in “Soundgoodizer” for limiting and warm output.
- Up to 100 bands individually locatable anywhere in the spectrum.
- Band unison to create a fat & lush sound.
- Sidechain carrier & or modulator input.
- Inbuilt carrier synthesizer powered by Sytrus.
- And more per-band effects to discover.
Vocodex is available as a VST effect plug-in (and as an FL Studio plug-in) for $99 USD.