Image-Line has released version 1.8 of Deckadance, a DJ mixing application for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance is a DJ mixing application that works either as a standalone program OR as a VSTi inside your favourite host. Deckadance itself can also host any VST compliant softsynth or effect.
You can control Deckadance using most (if not all) existing midi controllers & timecoded vinyl and CD systems.
Changes in Deckadance v1.8
- New Song Manager:
- Manage 50.000+ in your music collection without slow downs using a open format database (sqlite).
- SM categorizes music files in your computer making them accessible through numerous search/sort features.
- Importing tracks into Song Manager doesn’t copy music files.
- Simple search and advanced search via subsets of metadata fields (filters).
- Create playlist to organize effectively your tracks. Sort, re- order, reset original state, export to html/m3u and more.
- Create smart playlist that auto-update based on ‘rules’. e.g.: “top 25 most played dance genre songs with bpm between 120 and 140”.
- Fully customizable layouts: hide/show, re-arrange, (auto) resize of the metadata view columns.
- Edit track tags/metadata (title, artist, name… etc.) via inline editing.
- Cover art (resizable) display.
- Supported formats: mp3, acc (m4a), wav, aiff, wma, flac and ogg.
- Cross platform (win/mac) with full drag/drop external support.
- New Recording engine with threaded streaming to disk.
- Added SNAP to the closest beat in the waveform for loops, cues, waveform seek and start position.
- Added DVS run-out protection with auto engage and visual feedback.
- Added Lead In function in DVS section.
- Improved DVS behaviour for large audio buffer sizes.
- Incremented to 30 seconds the minimum playing time to mark a song like played.
- Added right click over played state to reset it.
- Removed clear played state of tracks when automix is enabled.
- Updated minihost look and added song manager start button.
- Added downbeat and start position keyboard shortcuts:
- > DECK A->Downbeat: “ctrl+t”, Start Position: “ctrl+y”.
- > DECK B->Downbeat: “ctrl+g”, Start Position: “ctrl+h”.
- Added “key slider” and “key slider inverted” to the midi learn commands.
- Incremented decks buffer size to 15 minutes.
Deckadance for Windows and Mac is available to purchase in a Club Edition (with full functionality) for $179 USD. Deckadance House Edition (excluding the timecoded vinyl/CDJ transport control functions) is $99 USD. New Image-Line customers buy with 10% discount.
More information: Deckadance