Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Image-Line updates Edison (standalone + VST)
Image-Line has released an updated version of Edison, a sample editing and recording tool for Windows PC.
Edison will change forever the way you think about working with audio. It’s a fully host-integrated audio editing and recording tool that loads into any VST compatible effects location and will then record or play audio from that position.
Edison is now available in standalone, VSTi (Windows) and FL Studio native plug-in formats.
- Optimized for sampler use (sampler region, seamless looping)
- Drumloop slicing (auto-slicing, slice manipulation)
- Quick drag&drop support (between instances or to your sequencer/other plugins)
- Various recording modes (start/stop with host, on audio input, can also work as transparent audio logger)
- Time manipulation (time stretching/pitch shifting, scratching)
- Effects: convolution reverb, blur, linear-phase equalization, …
- High-quality resampling
- The smoothest spectral analysis display
- Click-free editing
- Full undo history
- Intuitive editing with key feature tool-buttons
- (Pascal) scripted manipulation of waveforms
- Control surface support (FL Studio 8 version)
Edison is available for purchase for $99 USD. Until the end of 2008, any order of $99 or more will get you a free copy of Gross Beat as well.
New Image-Line customers can take advatage of this promo link to get 10% discount on their order of $90 USD or more.
Visit Image-Line for more information.