Impact Soundworks has released Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds, a new drum sample library featuring vintage acoustic drum kits recorded in an authentic 60’s and 70’s style with all-analog gear.
“The drum sounds of the 60s and 70s have been captivating producers and engineers such as
me for decades. Countless tracks have featured samples taken from funk records, but no one
has made an effort to create a new collection of old-school sounds with that vintage tone,” said
Andrew Aversa, lead developer of the product.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds features
- Nearly 4 gigabytes and 3,500 samples of unlocked, 24/96 audio content.
- Three deeply sampled, custom kits as well as a set of percussive instruments: five snares, four kicks, nine toms, three hats (closed, loose, open, pedal), two rides, two crashes, two splashes, two rims, handclaps, tambourine, shaker, agogo, bongos, woodblocks, cowbell and triangle.
- Recorded at three studios across the United States using a wide range of microphones, from high-end Neumann mics to trashy RCA and GE mics nearly half a century old.
- All-analog outboard chain featured such gems as an authentic 70s Neve broadcast console, a UA-1176 and 2-610S, Tube-Tech, ADL and Empirical Labs compressors and even giant Otari and TASCAM tape machines.
- Streamlined mixing, offering one or two tracks per kit component – close micing, and overhead or room micing.
- Formats: Kontakt (version 2+), EXS-24, Battery and Reason NN-XT (at 16/44.1), with more formats on the way.
- All formats of Groove Bias are unlocked for your editing and re-mapping pleasure, and with 5-10 round robins and 5-16 velocities per switchable kit component.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds is available for download for $99 USD for the Kontakt/HALion/EXS24 version, and $89 USD for the Reason version.
Visit <>Impact Soundworks for more information and some audio and video demos.