Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Imperfect Samples releases Braunschweig Upright Pro
Imperfect Samples has released Braunschweig Upright Pro, an updated version of the piano sample library for EXS24 and Kontakt.
The life-like Braunschweig Upright (Pro) is the largest single upright piano library in the world. The Braunschweig Upright (Pro) contains 14 velocity layers of one microphone perspective, and 11 layers of another. Totalling over 15GB of data, this upright piano library not only sounds real, it has a versatility not before seen in upright piano sample libraries.
Braunschweig Upright Pro features
- Mic Perspective 1 — 2 inches from the soundboard, for a dynamic, large sound
- Braunschweig Piano: (3, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 velocity layer upright pianos with perspective 1)
- Schimmel Fantasy Piano: (low-velocity dark samples only)
- Schimmel Piano fx: (piano performance effects, pedal sounds, wood knocking, lid open and close, direct string glissandos)
- Schimmel Space Piano: (Bonus Instrument with gliding piano sounds)
- Schimmel Split Piano: (3 layer upright piano in the right hand, and true staccato in the left hand)
- Schimmel Staccato: (true staccato multi-samples)
- Mic Perspective 2 — closer to the hammers, for a percussive, soft sound
- Braunschweig Upright P2: (3, 6, 8, 10, and 11 velocity layer upright pianos with perspective 2)
Braunschweig Upright Pro is available for purchase for £89.98 GBP, while the Standard (original) edition is £39.99 GBP (an upgrade to the Pro version is available for £49.99 GBP).
Visit Imperfect Samples for more information and audio demos.