David Ross has created a number of freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
Unfortunately David does not currently have a website, so you can download the plug-ins from this page.
David Ross plug-ins
- Peaking Filter Banks—resonating peaking filter banks
- EQ10—10 band graphic equalizer (v1 + v2)
- EQ18—18 band graphic equalizer (v1 + v2)
- DJEQ—3 band DJ style EQ (v2 + v3)
- HollyQ—two tone shelving equalizer
- EQ3a—3 band parametric equalizer
- Fazer—phase shifter
- Notch Filter—high performance notch filter (v1 + v2)
Download all of them in one package below.
David Ross VST plug-insDownload size: 1.63 MB
Check earlier posts on David’s plug-ins for more information.
Minimal System Instruments has set free its Filter Bank filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Give tracks and mixes that classic analogue sound with this fantastic filter plugin.
Filter Bank v3 is a fantastic multimode filter for both Producers and DJ’s. Combining 5 different filter types, LFO’s, with pure Analogue modelled dirt this filter sounds fantastic.
Free Filter Bank v3 multi-mode filter plug-in.
Filter Bank features
- Beautiful analogue modelled filter bank.
- A valuable tool in and out of the studio for both producers and DJ’s.
- 5 filter types including Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch, Peaking.
- Analogue! knob.
- Input and Output controls.
- Professional vintage analogue GUI Design.
- Very low CPU usage
The Filter Bank plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Filter Bank
DtBlkFx (by Darrell Barrell) is a Fast-Fourier-Transform (FFT) based Virtual Sound Technology (VST) plug-in for use in a variety of audio software running under Microsoft Windows 2000 or newer.
Changes since version 0.9
- 16 bit display bug fix
- Stereo version
- vocoder (freq enveloper) & harmonic matcher
- harmonic shifter
- active harmonic repitching
- short delay bug fix
- more pictures in the user manual
Downloads: 18908 times
Find more information and a link to download the latest version of DtBlkFx here.
Minimal System Instruments has announced Delay Studio, a free delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Delay Studio from Minimal System Instruments is a powerful and massively creative multiband delay plugin which gives you all of the tools needed to create your perfect delay/echo effect. From weird and wonderful long modulated delays to workhorse multi-taps and analogue inspired echoes the Delay Studio will turn any flat, uninspiring sound into a beautiful sonic masterpiece.
Delay Studio is a plugin that invites creativity and experimentation.
Delay Studio features
- 3 fully configurable independent delay bands (Low/Mid/Hi) with complete and accurate control over the frequency width of each band (Frequency Range 0hz to 20,000hz).
- Each band is split in to left and right channels with independent delay time and feedback.
- Comprehensive filter bank section. Each band has its own fully featured filter on both left and right channels complete with cutoff and resonance controls. (Filter types include Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Peaking, and Band Reject). Each filter can be modulated using the multimode LFOs which can also be tempo synced or free running. A total of six filters and six LFOs.
- Built on an accurate crossover algorithm. As with the rest of our plugin range, we model our algorithms on actual physical analogue hardware to achieve the most accurate sound possible.
- VU meters on all bands for visual monitoring.
- Input and Output level controls allow easy attenuation of both the incoming and outgoing audio signals.
- Full automation and controller mapping. All parameters in Delay Studio can be easily mapped to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard for complete tactile real-time control. All parameters are designed to be fully automated in all DAWs.
- Balance control to accurately modify the position of the sound in the stereo field.
- Logical and easy-to-use user interface. Minimal System Instruments products are specifically designed to enhance our user’s workflow. We intentionally place all parameter controls on the front end of the GUI to make modifying sounds a breeze (No hidden menus or parameters here!).
- Low CPU usage. Our code is fully streamlined and optimised to make Delay Studio as efficient on your resources as possible.
Delay Studio for Windows is available as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
More information: KVR Audio
Minimal System Instruments has announced Saturn 5, a virtual analogue modeling synthesizer for Windows.
Analogue synthesis was introduced in the early 70’s and took the music production world by storm and even inspired new musical genres. The synthesisers of the time had logical, user friendly front panels where every parameter had its own dedicated control. Minimal System Instruments have developed a synthesiser inspired by early synth pioneers with the intention of bringing back the essence of pure synthesis.
The Saturn 5 analogue modeling synthesiser has been lovingly developed to accurately produce the classic big sounds of classic synths. We have cut out the gimmicks and concentrated on perfecting the key elements of a good synthesiser such as the oscillators, the filter, and the workflow for the user.
Saturn 5 can produce big bass, sharp leads, lush pads, and modulated sequences and is suitable for any genre of electronic music.
Saturn 5 features
- Analogue modeling synthesiser inspired by legendary synthesis pioneers.
- 3 oscillators and 1 sub oscillator.
- Mixer for blending oscillators.
- Filter with Peaking, Low Pass, and High Pass modes with multi-mode LFO.
- Additional LFO’s for OSC 1 and 2 controlling pitch and pulse width.
- Chorus effect.
- Reverb effect.
- Full automation.
Saturn 5 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £19.99 GBP.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Saturn 5
Users of Zebra have no shortage in sounds for this virtual modular synthesizer. Thousands of patches are available in both free and commercial soundsets. U-he’s latest offering – The Dark Zebra, is a little more … read more
Outbound link: u-he
/ The Dark Zebra
– Related: AU
, Hans Zimmer
, Howard Scarr
, sound design
Posted in reviews
on Oct 16, 2012 - 0 comments
Source Audio has announced the release of the Soundblox 2 Stingray multi-filter pedal. Since the introduction of the Hot Hand Wah back in 2006 and the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter in 2011, Source Audio has … read more
HoRNet has announced the release of Sybilla Pro, an advanced version of the Sybilla de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Sybilla Pro is a multi filter de-esser, unlike other traditional de-essers Sybilla Pro has … read more
Source Audio has announced that the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter effect pedal is now available is select stores. In accordance with Source Audio tradition, the BEF offers incredible variety, stellar sound, and superior control. This … read more
FabFilter has recently released Volcano 2, a versatile filter effect plug-in. The product Volcano product page reads: FabFilter Volcano has proven to be one of the few plug-ins that offer convincing high quality digital filtering … read more
Outbound link: FabFilter
/ Volcano 2
– Related: AU
, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in reviews
on Jun 10, 2008 - 1 comment