Industrial Radio has announced the release of Standard Midi Bass 4, a MIDI controller bass guitar.
The Standard Midi Bass 4 provides bassists the opportunity to plug into the latest and greatest of hardware and software synthesizers and samplers. It’s unique fret-sensing neck and multi-sensor approach to MIDI conversion provides industry-leading, low-latency MIDI tracking perfect for both the studio and live environments.
With the Standard Midi Bass 4 bassists can play synth bass lines live, plug into vintage analogue synths, harness their experience on bass in a MIDI recording environment, explore new sonic possibilities and more.
As well as being an awesome MIDI controller the Standard Midi Bass 4 is a real bass guitar. The Standard Midi Bass 4 combines classic bass design and quality construction to provide the best of both worlds so that bassists can mix their real bass tone with that of their synth / sound module or just switch conveniently
between normal bass and MIDI bass to suit.
Standard Midi Bass 4 features
- Bass features:
- Black satin finish.
- 34” scale.
- Bolt-on maple neck with satin finish.
- Optional matching painted headstock.
- Rosewood fingerboard.
- Agathis tonewood body.
- White or black pickguard.
- Passive, single-coil pickups.
- Controls – MIDI Volume, Front Pickup Volume, Back Pickup Volume, Passive Tone
- Chrome hardware.
- MIDI system features:
- Industry-leading low latency MIDI tracking.
- Latency is consistent across full range of bass from high notes to low notes.
- Features both monophonic and polyphonic modes.
- Sophisticated operating system with highly-configurable settings to ensure optimum performance and compatibility with all MIDI-enabled synths and sound modules.
- Intuitive user interface with on-board display – control Midi Bass settings direct on the bass from the fingerboard.
- 40 programmable performance presets.
The Standard Series Midi Bass is now available to order from Industrial Radio, priced at $2495 USD excl. shipping (+$100 USD for painted headstock option). Price includes Standard Midi Bass 4, Midi Bass Module and 8-pin Midi Bass Cable as well as hardshell bass case. The Standard Midi Bass 4 is also available in a left-handed model.