iRig Stomp by IK Multimedia—The first stomp box guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch & iPad now shipping
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping its iRig Stomp stomp box guitar interface for iOS devices.
For the first time, guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing using an iPhone/iPod touch or iPad.
iRig STOMP is based on the wildly-popular AmpliTube iRig interface and iRig STOMP is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad guitar amp or instrument app. With its compact, standard stompbox shape, iRig STOMP is packed with many smart features found here for the first time in an iOS audio accessory.
iRig Stomp features
- Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
- Can be used inline with other effects pedals or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular ¼” guitar cables with no need for adapters.
- Large input gain knob provides precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels.
- Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
- The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
- Ultra-compact form factor can be easily carried on the road.
- Features a 3.5mm/1/8” jack for silent practicing with headphones.
- Includes AmpliTube FREE app from the App StoreSM and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack including Garage Band®.
The iRig Stomp is available to purchase for $59.99 USD / 44.99 EUR (excl. tax).