iZotope has announced Iris, an innovative sampling re-synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Unearth a world of sounds you’ve never heard before.
Driven by iZotope’s award-winning visual selection technology, iZotope Iris™ is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears.
Fuel your creativity with Iris’s new spin on sound design: a “visual instrument” that’s perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
- Discover what’s inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations… what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes… even mistakes!
- Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
- Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris’s 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.
Iris for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AudioSuite) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD (regular $249 USD). The Wood and Glass sound libraries are available for $29 and $49 USD repsectively, and a bundle of Iris + both libraries is currently available for $199 USD (regular $299 USD).
Introductory prices available through May 4th, 2012.