iZotope has introduced the upcoming Trash 2 distortion and audio mangling toolbox.
Fully overhauled from Trash 1, Trash 2 adds a wealth of new features including twenty new distortion algorithms, fresh filter modules, fifty new impulse responses, multi-band waveshaping, 64-bit support and much more.
It’s been nearly a decade since Trash first arrived, and it’s remained a cult favorite of artists such as Nine Inch Nails, Noisia, Garbage, KoRn, Sigur Rós, and anyone looking to add dirt, grime, and character to their tracks. Now, nearly ten years later, Trash is back. Completely rewritten from the ground up, Trash 2 takes the best of Trash and makes it even better. With an entirely new sonic architecture, brand new features, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats, Trash 2 is primed for a powerful new era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation.
“Designing a new product, or in this case redesigning an old product, is much more than adding a new set of features,” explains Product Manager Jack Côté. “With Trash 2, we took a careful look at each aspect of Trash 1 and examined what made it so compelling and what could be improved. By preserving the best that Trash 1 had to offer, and at the same time, optimizing Trash for the modern era, we’ve developed a tool that we feel will excite both Trash 1 devotees and anyone looking at Trash 2 for the first time.”
Trash 2 features
- Distort in ways you never dreamed with the Trash module’s 20 new distortion algorithms, perfect for transforming your sound into something never before heard.
- Design your own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new, customizable, multiband waveshaper.
- Let your tracks inhabit any space or object with the new Convolve module. Choose from over 100 impulse responses or load your own to put your bass in a washing machine or your snare in a cave.
- Find a new voice: make your audio speak and growl with redesigned dual Filters that include new vowel formant filters, screaming peaks, node modulations, and more.
- Start trashing your audio immediately with an extensive new preset library and an ear-friendly Limiter that ensures you can play without fear.
Trash 2 will be available mid-November, 2012. Trash 1 customers who purchased after October 1, 2012 will receive a free upgrade to Trash 2 upon release. Special upgrade pricing will be available for all previous Trash owners.