iZotope Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension released
iZotope has announced the release of its Ozone Maximizer professional mastering tool designed to complement Reason workflow.
The Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension is an essential mastering tool for adding fullness and polish to music produced in Reason. The original Ozone Maximizer has been used on countless recordings in varied genres like Rock, Hip Hop, Electronic, Classical and more. iZotope has now adapted this acclaimed technology for Reason, extending the Reason Rack with a versatile tool trusted by professional musicians and engineers worldwide.
“Many of us at iZotope have longed for the day that we could use more of our favorite production tools, like Ozone’s Maximizer, right inside of Reason,” said Nick Dika, Senior Product Manager for iZotope.“That day has come! Rack Extensions are a great solution for opening up the Reason rack to more world-class audio effects and instruments, and we are excited to be part of the launch with one of our flagship technologies.”
iZotope redesigned the Ozone Maximizer to perfectly complement the workflow Reason users know and love, making it an ideal addition to Reason’s Master Section. With iZotope’s exclusive IRC (Intelligent Release Control) technology, the Ozone Maximizer excels at boosting the overall loudness of a mix without causing distortion or pumping. This Rack Extension also includes iZotope’s renowned MBIT+ Dither, letting users preserve the quality of Reason sessions when exporting audio for CD or MP3. With the Ozone Maximizer, users can give their mixes the final polish they deserve, without ever leaving Reason!
“We are extremely happy to see iZotope, with their sense of quality and usability, inside the Reason rack,” adds Mats Karlöf, Product Manager at Propellerheads . “iZotope’s flagship technology, the Ozone Maximizer with its dithering function, have made Reason an even more complete end-to-end solution, helping people to put the finishing touches on their projects. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face thanks to the clever people at iZotope.”
Ozone Maximizer RE features
- 2 Intelligent Release Control (IRC) limiter modes: IRC I and IRC II.
- 2 low-latency limiting modes Hard(Brickwall) and Soft.
- High-precision threshold control with integrated gain reduction metering.
- Speed knob control for adjusting the character of the IRC Limiter from slow and transparent to fast and aggressive.
- Variable Stereo Link control for independent limiting of left and right channels.
- Inter-sample Limiting to predict when a digital signal might clip in the analog domain, and to automatically prevent these over’s.
- Margin control for precise control of the output level, helping to dial back peak levels for better encoding to formats like MP3.
- iZotope MBIT+ Dither for highest quality results when converting 24-bit Reason sessions to audio files with lower bit depths.
iZotope Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension is available to purchase for $79 USD.