Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
iZotope releases Alloy
iZotope has announced the release of Alloy, a new effect plug-in for PC and Mac featuring essential mixing tools.
The world of DAWs doesn’t need another channel strip. What it needs is a better way of working with the essential tools you need for all of your tracks and busses. That’s why we designed Alloy.
Alloy provides the key dynamics and sound shaping effects you’ll use again and again, in a self-contained and completely configurable interface. Add iZotope Alloy to your tracks and busses and bring them to life with six processors designed to add character to every element of your mix.
Alloy gives you exceptional sound quality, vintage emulation balanced with digital precision, time-saving presets and workflow features, and a forward-thinking interface that puts just the controls you need at your fingertips.
- Six precision tools for mixing in one integrated system : Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Load one plug-in for all of the essential EQ, dynamics and sound-shaping effects you need on your tracks and busses. Save custom presets and effect chains to suit any need.
- Phase Tools panel includes phase invert controls, and a zero-latency phase rotation control to improve waveform symmetry.
- Easy to navigate, forward-thinking UI with precise controls and extensive visual feedback for setting modules.
- All modules feature useful meters that give you essential feedback for setting controls..
- Zero-latency mode prevents sync problems in hosts like Pro Tools LE.
- Completely user-customizable signal routing with two dynamics stages, sidechain mapping and more.
- Dynamics, Exciter and Transient Shaper have both single and multi-band operation, giving you more simplicity or more control depending on the task at hand.
- Includes a huge range of presets that range from simple and useful EQ and Dynamics configurations to complex chains that use all six modules.
- MacroPresets combine key controls from any combination of Alloy’s six modules into a custom UI that shows just what you need to see.
- Sidechaining support for VST, AU, RTAS, MAS and DirectX hosts lets you control the Dynamics section from other tracks in your mix. Affect the whole signal or zero in on just the frequency range you want with advanced multiband sidechaining.
- Crosschaining allows you to trigger the dynamics section with another frequency band of the same input source for never-heard-before compression and gating effects.
- Powerful workflow tools make your life simpler — the History list lets you go back in time, and the integrated preset editor lets you browse, manage and customize presets easily.
- Simple authorization lets you choose between simple challenge-response (up to 3 machines for personal use) or iLok.
Alloy is available as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (DX/VST/AU/RTAS/MAS) as a download, priced at $249 USD. Until October 31, 2009, iZotope Alloy is available at a special price for iZotope customers.