iZotope has announced the release of Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced, the latest version of its mastering and mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add rich character with the critically acclaimed music production tools in Ozone Advanced, including the new Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor, and Vintage Tape modules. Audition masters before rendering with the new Codec Preview. Apply Ozone Advanced’s processing to mix busses, too, with individual plug-ins of all ten modules.
Plus, both versions of Ozone include the Maximizer, the Dynamic EQ, the new Vintage Limiter, Export Formats, and more. Use Ozone as a plug-in or as a standalone application.
Changes in Ozone 7 & Ozone 7 Advanced
- Vintage Tape [Advanced only] — The Vintage Tape module brings the distinctive richness and warmth of tape saturation to your modern digital recordings with all the frequency coloration, distortion, and phase effects of tape. Take advantage of analog tone for masters that sound more musical with added dimension, fatness, and depth.
- Vintage EQ [Advanced only] — With the richness, warmth, and color of Pultec equalizers, Vintage EQ lets you brighten your master, smooth out heavy lows, and add body to your digital recordings. Discrete frequency value selections let you boost and cut separately — but at the same time! — without ending up with a “boomy” master.
- Vintage Compressor [Advanced only] — Vintage Compressor is a single-band compression module for subtle warming and sweetening effects. The program-dependent release tailors release shapes depending on your material to adapt naturally to your music. Thicken the midrange, tighten and round out the lows, let the top sparkle, and get authentic vintage character.
- Codec Preview [Advanced only] — Get a real-time listen to how your master will sound in various industry-standard codecs with Codec Preview. Preview the sound of a compressed master within your DAW or the Ozone standalone application. Instantly make adjustments to perfect the audio for streaming or online music stores with this easy-to-use tool that improves your workflow.
- Vintage Limiter — The “Tube” mode that was part of the Maximizer in Ozone 6.1 has been broken out to its own module, the new Vintage Limiter, and got an upgrade with faster and slower settings. Glue a mix together and add character with the Vintage Limiter’s warmer, analog-sounding final-stage limiting while retaining the ease and precision of digital maximizing. Bring a natural feel to harsh and digital-sounding masters. Get a silky warmth and body and the nostalgic vibe of the classic records you grew up with.
- Export Formats — Specify the file format for export from a variety of compressed or uncompressed popular choices like MP3, WAV, and AAC. You no longer need to output to .wav and then use a separate MP3 converter. Now you can export your digital formats directly from your source files and add metadata before export, including track name, band name, album name, and more.
- Upgraded Maximizer with IRC IV — Ozone’s legendary mastering limiter features a new algorithm (IRC IV) with multiband and frequency-specific operation, so that the limiter doesn’t have to work as hard. Get even more transparent mixes with less pumping at higher volumes — ideal for when you need to tame the kick drum peaks without causing vocals to pump. The former “Tube” mode of the Maximizer has been expanded to its own new Vintage Limiter module and is backwards compatible with Ozone 6.1 presets.
Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced are available for the introductory price of $199 USD and $449 USD, respectively (regular $249 USD and $499 USD). The offer ends November 11th, 2015.