Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
iZotope updates RX to v1.20
iZotope has released version 1.20 of RX, the audio restoration application/plug-in for Windows and Mac.
iZotope RX™ is the most complete audio restoration product on the market, a unique standalone application designed from the ground up to combat a range of audio problems. In addition to unique workflow features designed to help you get the best results, RX’s powerful tools can do processing that plug-in based restoration products simply cannot do. This paired with completely new processing technology results in cleaner, more natural sounding noise reduction and audio repair.
Changes in RX v1.20
- Support for markers in WAV and AIFF files in RX application.
- Manually edit noise profiles in Denoiser with envelope.
- Added visualization for Spectral Repair before/after regions in waveform/spectrogram display.
- Added visualization for Declipper thresholds in waveform/spectrogram display.
- Major optimizations to RX Denoiser Algorithms B and C.
- Added support for keyboard shortcuts which select a module’s preset and apply that module. Useful for quickly switching between module settings (for example when using Spectral Repair repeatedly on large files).
- Declipper threshold can now extend below -8 dB by zooming the histogram window.
- Many performance improvements throughout all of RX’s processing modules, especially when using RX plug-ins with small buffer sizes.