iZotope has released version 2.01 of RX, a collection of audio repair tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope RX™ 2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more.
Changes in RX v2.01
- Host compatibility changes
- Added support for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
- Added VST 3 support.
- Improved compatibility with Ableton Live .
- Added 64-bit VST 2 support in Reaper under OS X.
- DSP changes
- Fixed accuracy of latency compensation in Declick module.
- Fixed Hum Removal module’s learn feature at high sampling rates.
- Workflow changes
- Added support for RX 1 workflow in main audio display: shift-click-release to adjust the borders of full-bandwidth selections.
- Added support for placing the playhead: ctrl-click on the main audio display at any time to place the playhead.
- Added support for dragging the current file from the RX 2 application’s title bar under OS X.
- Other changes
- Introduced the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis & bugfixing.
- Greatly improved RX’s support for frames in the time ruler, including drop-frame mode.
- Better support for Carbon-based plug-ins under OS X, in RX 2.00 some of these plug-ins would display with a blank UI (RX 2 Advanced only).
- Fixed issue when using “Open with” in OS X’s Finder to launch RX.
- Fixed bug with iZotope authorization where authorizing to a USB flash drive wasn’t working properly.
- Better support for Unicode characters in RX’s “Save As” dialog.
- Many minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
RX2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $349 USD. RX2 Advanced is $1,199 USD.