iZotope has released version 1.80 of Vinyl, a free effect plug-in for emulation vinyl sounds.
Back just in time for its 15th anniversary, Vinyl is a plug-in that lets you simulate the dust, scratches, and warp of a worn record and the electrical and mechanical noise of the turntable it’s on.
Give fresh recordings and instrument tracks the dirty, dusty feel of an earlier decade. Apply Vinyl to any source audio to make it sound as if it’s being played from a record and dial in exactly the right character to suit your tune. Plus, it’s now updated to 64-bit!
- Warp: Choose the amount of warping and the warp shape for the record—from no warp to totally melted and warped edges.
- Dust: Simulates the amount of dust that has settled on the surface of the record.
- Year: Models record players from different decades using filter responses.
- Wear: Simulates the effect of a record that’s been played too many times, from brand new to a few thousand spins.
- Mechanical Noise: Adds turntable rumble and motor noise.
- Spin Down: Simulate the sound of slowly stopping playback of a record, modulating both playback speed and frequency.
Vinyl is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite).