Fabrizio Poce of J74 has released J74 PitchControl, a Max for Live device for real-time synthetic pitch treatment and harmonization.
It allows you to manipulate an input signal through pitch-processing stages such as tuning, re-pitching, space placement, vocoding, LFO de-tuning and to harmonize it up to four voices, all in real time and controlled by MIDI.
The main application of J74 PitchControl is the human voice. While the tool can be used as a classic T-Pain style auto-tuning effect (for automatic pitch correction) or as a fixed harmonizer, its main goal is to do pitch manipulation and harmonization via MIDI: you can indeed PLAY the device in real-time (improvising with a keyboard or any other MIDI controller) or sequence it upfront (using Live MIDI editor), controlling tuning, vocoding and harmonization, all at the same time.
J74 PitchControl features
- Real-time input signal MIDI tuning (improvised or sequenced).
- Real-time input signal MIDI harmonization, up to four voices (improvised or sequenced).
- Vocoding, using an external (vocal) signal as modulator.
- All of the above, at the same time.
- Real-time auto-tuning (scale based).
- Real-time auto-harmonization, up to four voices (by selectable intervals).
- Virtual room mixing and spatial effects (pitch de-tuning, glide, sync and LFO modulation of pitch and delay).
J74 PitchControl is available for purchase for 15 EUR (excl. VAT taxes where applicable).