Fabrizio Poce has released a new upgrade to the J74 Progressive and J74 Progressive SE tools for making chord progression and harmonic editing.
J74 Progressive allows you to create and edit chord progressions as MIDI clips or real-time MIDI, making use of composition techniques modelling (such as diatonic scale and chords exploration methods) as well as performance styles (arpeggio, humanized timing and dynamics).
The tool is capable of producing extremely realistic chord progressions and arpeggios, delivered directly as MIDI clips in Ableton Live Session view. Besides the chord progression generator/editor, Progressive also includes tools for scale and chord detection in any MIDI and Audio material and for MIDI clip processing (scale based transposition, dynamics, pitch transformations).
Changes in J74 Progressive v4.0
- Chord Progression Editor:
- New chord modifier for muting the 3rd in any chord (on a per chord basis), making very easy to add suspended chords (sus2 and sus4).
- New shuffle option for random voicing to chords, within the selected scale.
- Both above available in clip edit mode as well as Live mode.
- Additional inversions which allow chords to extend one octave up.
- Clip Modifier:
- New Clip Snapshot memory slots for storing MIDI clips content during any operation for later reuse (e.g. for alternatives, copy&paste buffers etc.).
- New Undo-to-Original function available, even if multiple operations have been applied (overrules commit to clip).
- New Auto-Apply mode of operation to immediately hear results of any new tweak (on by default, can be disabled).
- New Pitch Shuffle operation, applies random voicing / pitch changes in a clip, to notes within a selected target scale.
- New Beat Shuffle operation, applies time shifting to beats on random basis.
J74 Progressive for Ableton Live/Max for Live is available for 15 EUR and Progressive SE (standalone for Windows and Mac) is 10 EUR. The update is free for current users.
More information: J74